Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bopara warns Pakistan can hit back

Return to the form batsman Ravi Bopara, warned on Wednesday for EnglandEngland Ravi Bopara plays a shot during the second ODI against any complacency Pakistanavoid against a dangerous team in Pakistan, despite running into a 2-0 lead in their one day international series.
England won the first match by 130 runs on Monday and then doubled the lead with a sweaty 20-run victory in the second on Wednesday - both in Abu Dhabi. Bopara hit centuries and a half in both games and helped his captain Alastair Cook - who hit successive centuries - to help England post challenging total in both games.
But Bopara warned Pakistan can still recover the last two games here on Saturday and Tuesday. "Any series where you go 2-0 up is very good," said 26-year-old. "But we're keeping our feet on the ground. We know the test series that Pakistan is capable of. They are a very unpredictable team," said Bopara.
Pakistan won the three-Test series 3-0 earlier.
Bopara part of the England team, which lost 5-0 in India last year, said a victory of this magnitude in a position sub-continent would be fine. "It will be a huge thing for us to win out here. We had a record of a good day at the sub-continent so it's a great thing for us to win. This will give us confidence to know that we can do it under conditions -continent. "

Bopara warned against thinking a 4-0 victory. "I do not like to think so. We did this in the past. Individually we have a bit dizzy and things go wrong. So we're not going to look too far ahead. Let's just keep doing what we've done in the last couple of matches and worry with our skills and dealing with the Pakistan bowling line-up, "said Bopara.
Read also: Recipe Cook helps England to expose Pakistan

Bopara, who scored so far in 1668 71 one-day international, said his fitness was pleasant. "I feel good. I felt much better today than I did in the first game," Bopara said his 58 on Monday when he added 131 with Cook for the third wicket.
"I was getting used to the bowlers and it was my second game since October. It makes a huge difference once you had that time at the crease. The good thing is cook is in great shape. I hope he can go to the third combine and get some more clues, "said Bopara.
Bopara said he tried to absorb the pressure. "This has been a huge thing for me. We have to absorb the pressure, because it will be difficult in the first 15 or 20 minutes," he said.
"It's easier as the innings went on. Once you're in about fiveovers, you get used to the pace of the wicket, the players. It is much easier."Bopara, who played one Test against India last year, said he was not thinking far ahead in his career.
"I'm not looking where I am right now. I remember in the summer against India, I had a good series, but then I went to India and not a series so good. Things can change so quickly. I just I'm keeping my feet on the ground. I'm just thinking (Saeed) Ajmal and how I'll deal with it. "

No comments:

Post a Comment