Monday, January 16, 2012

Tiwary, Irfan eye good show in Aus


Manoj Tiwary was made in Brett Lee for a very hot day during his ODI debut back in Brisbane in 2007-08 and he wants to go ahead with it.

Irfan Pathan won the man-of-the-match award during the Perth Test on that tour very memorable and he also wants to move on.



Both are in the squad for the ODI tri-series and they are eager to make every opportunity during the next month.

"The 100 against West Indies has been my knock forward and I'm more mature now. Having played against the likes of Dale Steyn and batting in IPL against Brett Lee and James Pattinson networks in KKR has certainly helped me," said Tiwary PTI on Monday.

His team mate Irfan also believes in action rather than rest on the laurels of the past.

"I had a good international debut in Australia and I won the man-of-the-match in Perth against them. But that is past now and will be a new series that'll have to make the best of my abilities," Pathan said by phone from Vadodara.

When both were asked the same question about whether it is difficult for a new player to join a team that has been losing a lot, the two cricketers tried to put things in perspective.

"It takes one match to change things. I think our team has the ability to do that and God willing, that recovery will take place in Adelaide," said Pathan.

Manoj on his part said: "The team may have lost some games, but in recent months I have been a part of the ODI set-up, the atmosphere in the locker room has been fantastic. I have a lot of help elderly, who made me feel settled. "

Asked about his preparation for Australia, Manoj said: "My trips back to India A team helped me prepare well. I am confident that I can do well in fields bouncy."

With Baroda eliminated in the league phase, Irfan has many competitive games to fall back on and is eager to play club matches.

"I wish I had a bit of match practice before I left for Australia. I planning to play some games in Baroda.
I'll work a little fine-tuning my batting and also like to bowl a few overs, "said Irfan.

"I believe in giving my hundred percent and have faith in God. When you play for your country, hunger for success will always be there," said the talented versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment