Sunday, November 20, 2011

Windies batsman Edwards in awe of Tendulkar


West Indies Batsman rapid increase Kirk Edwards admitted Sunday that finds it difficult to concentrate on his fielding when Indian batting superstar Sachin Tendulkar was at the crease.

Tendulkar, the world's leading scorer in Test and one day cricket, needs just one more hundreds of completing a century of unprecedented centuries, having already done in 48 tests and 51 one day internationals.

"Sometimes, I find myself focusing on him (Tendulkar) so much that I'm not concentrating on my fielding," Edwards told reporters ahead of the third and final Test against India Tuesday in Mumbai.

"I think it's the same thing for yourself, as it is for me. The guy is a legend, so we are all in awe of him, to see him bat.

"I admire (Rahul) Dravid and Laxman (VVS). I admire most of those guys, but a game with Sachin was something special. Is a memory that I will live with forever. "

Edwards hit with his consistency by making a century on Test debut against India in the third and final match drawn in Dominica in July.

So far scored two hundreds and as many half-centuries in five tests, his best coming in the second and last match against Bangladesh in Dhaka when he cracked 121 and 86 just before the tour of India.

Edwards also caught the eye in the second Test against India in Calcutta as he scored a half century in batting performance to strong second innings of his team.

"Every time I go out to fight, I try to lay a solid platform for my team. You must try to understand how the plots play and try to adjust your game. That is what I'm doing in the learning process, said Edwards, 27.

The batsman the West Indies said team morale was high in the last Test, especially after their impressive batting display to Calcutta where they posted 463.

"I think we were quite confident as a team even before the second inning. Of course, we will Test this match with confidence as well, "said Edwards.

The West Indies trail 2-0 in the three Test series after losing the opening match in New Delhi by five wickets and the second by an innings and 15 runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment